Do you find yourself looking at images online and just falling in love with a particular color? Whether it is in an article of clothing, on a scrapbook page, or in a Pinterest post, you WANT that color!
Here’s a quick tip on how to snag that color, using Photoshop: (This tip works the same way in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.)
- Have Photoshop open, alongside the web page from which you want to copy the color. (I have Photoshop open next to a Pinterest page.)
- You will need to have a document open in Photoshop. I have a blank document open.
- Click and hold down the eyedropper on the Photoshop document.
- Drag the eyedropper tool onto the web page from which you would like to copy a color.
- When the eyedropper is hovering over the color you would like to copy, let go of your mouse.
- The color will appear in the Color Picker in Photoshop as the Foreground color.
That’s it! I love using this tip when browsing Pinterest, especially!
OH! Thank you for reminding me about this, I always forget to let go of the tool and wonder why it doesn’t work LOL.
Thank you, this is a great trick!
[…] Choosing a Color outside Photoshop […]